Monday, January 4, 2010

Poetry

I'm doing a daily poetry thing this year. I'll post them for all y'all every now and then. I was going to post one that I wrote about a little experience I had tonight, but I don't think I should. Instead I'll post my calm, serene one from yesterday.

Satisfied
Always on his lips:
After clearing a plate,
On a comfortable day,
Or as a conscious commentary
Regarding his untimely departure.
Now it reverberates within me.
My aching muscles, bruises, scrapes
Harmonize with a greater inner peace
And reconcile his word with
The feeling it encompassed then,
Encompasses now.
I am not he.
His feeling was undoubtedly different,
But I feel that much closer to him
Now that satisfaction laps at my skin
Like a tide slowly coming in.

2 comments:

  1. I actually more wanted to comment on this then your dream, though. I like your poetry. Have you ever written in form or do you just do free-form? In any case, it's well paced and actually very good in its way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually do free-form, but every once in a while I'll look up the rules for a certain kind of poem and follow them. A little discipline never hurt anyone.

    Glad you enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete