Sunday, April 18, 2010

Flattered

Flattered
Dimly flattered
But sad,
Yes, also, too.
That so many turn around,
Believe,
I'm better than them or you.
It's lonely, though,
To be alone
When they see I'm not a one.
I watch faces fade.
The shiny dims and grays
And nothing's ever true.
I'm tired of feeling distant
Miles away and somehow truant.
I'm a child in adult skin
Who somehow never grew.
The space between,
Harsh and mean,
According to the they,
Is in a stupid, hurtful way
an
upside down
backwards
reversed
compliment.
I'd rather you insult me,
Yes,
Kick with steel toed shoes.
If that's what it takes
For me to be.
(With you.)
Like everyone else
In this sweet, earthy hell
I just want the lovely
Always beside me.
To be loved and love
Is all I would request
In the loneliest, aching
Chambers of my chest.
That request
She won't rest
And she won't be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment