Monday, May 3, 2010

no breathing

Okay: necessary preface:

The following is a very bitter song that I started writing in March as a quasi-love song. Today I found the paragraph or so of rhymes I had and I rolled with it, updating the story to its current state. It was initially going to be a rap, because as a very white girl I've always kinda sorta wondered what I would be able to do with rap. It turned into more of a song and what you are going to listen to is a free beat that I downloaded off the internet (http://beatstorm.com/) that perfectly fit my song and five different takes that I think sounded kind of cool played on top of each other. I might work on it some more and clean it up a little, but...I don't know...there's something about this version that I liked. If you don't like it, cool. If you do, cooler.

Take it with a grain of salt, though...I guess that's what my preface was trying to say. And there's only a video because blogger won't let me upload mp3s on their own. The video is just a picture of me the whole way through. Do something else while you listen. :)



yo yo yo
you wanna be my beau?
you've gotta say no
or else you should just go.

'cause i just like to kiss you
an' sure i'll prolly miss you
but when you get down to it
we couldn't ever do it
you ain't got the brains
no you ain't got the smarts
i'm just bein' vain
but i'm better than you are.

see it's funny though
'cause it ain't true
you're prolly on my level
i'm just gonna revel
in my self-centered groove.
oh no. too slow? let's go.

now you're gone
it's a relief
because now i know what you think of me
you stay in touch with her and him
but somehow i fell off the rim

we stared at the stars
always hitting par
on a blanket in the grass
you pretended what i asked
was silly and distrustful
and you whispered little lies
i guess...nice try.

you're a liar and cheat
and a bit of a whore
i'm so glad i didn't trust you
'cause i don't need more
proof that the pretty ones
always let you down
this time around
i wasn't ground into the ground

so take your baby blondie
and your motherfucking friends
and show them the poetry they'll never comprehend
sail on the ocean, play in the sea
and never ever try to get back with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment