Thursday, March 11, 2010

These Belong Together...


Skin
Shame.
Squeeze,
Fingernails,
Breathe in, 2, 3...
Not me
Not me
Not me
Then who?
Then who?
Then who?
Smooth skin slipping
Like wet stones
Beneath these fingers.
What strings pull them
That way, then this
As I try to find those lips?
Mistake.
Stupid.
Nothing there,
Merely smoke beneath my fingers.
That silken marble just as solid
As a broken promise on the breeze.
It isn't mine,
It's not for me,
But in a certain frame of mind
I let myself believe
With a dead drunk, sad caress
That this wrongness
Between we two
Could be a little true.

Murder
Lies, lies, lies
So sick of breathing LIES.
Look me in the face and
See the truth here in my eyes.

I cannot say the words;
They scare me.
(That's the truth.)
Hard as I try, I can't free me
And it's all because of you.

You knew, you knew, you really knew
I heard it in your voice.
Then, of course, I knew you knew
So I had no choice.
I laughed and called it stupid
Cocked, aimed, and I shot Cupid.

He fluttered, hit the pavement.
And with an ultrasonic crack,
That little darling Cupid
Broke his tiny back.

2 comments: